02/16/22 By Kenny Nguyen
Landscaping is an extension of your living space. It is a place where you can connect with your friends and family. It gives and defines your home a personality. It also tells the story of who you are but how much does a landscaping project cost?
A Landscape can cost anywhere from $10,000 to over $250,000. Many factors contribute to the total cost. A general rule of thumb is to spend 10% to 15% of your home value on basic landscaping. So, If you have a $500,000 house then a basic landscape budgeting of $50,000 to $75,000 is appropriate.
Adding other landscaping elements such as patio, fire pits, retaining wall throughout the project will increase the cost.
Factors in Calculating Landscaping Cost
- Size of your landscaping project.
- Site Condition- Your existing landscape elevation and soil condition.
- The existing landscaping (blank slate or tearing old landscape and installing a new one)
- Labor cost
- Materials (type of materials and shipping cost)
- Extra hardscape elements (patio, seating space, water features, outdoor kitchen, fire features, bocce ball court, etc)
- Landscape design- an experienced landscape designer will cost more.
How much should I spend on landscaping?
How much should I spend on a landscape is a big question for most people. When trying to decide what you are willing to spend on a landscape, ask yourself what is it that you want out of a landscape? Do you want outdoor living spaces to host your family gathering? Do you want an outdoor living space to entertain your guests? Do you want a low-maintenance landscape? These are all questions that help to determine your spending budget.
Budget is not an easy topic to discuss for most people but it is important to talk about your budget during your design consultation. Being upfront about your budget with the designer will help with the design process by suggesting the types of materials, features within your budget range.
So how much does a landscape cost? We, at Peakview Outdoor Living, create a price range listed on our website based in the Colorado market to help clients better understand what their project may cost.
- $30k- Base Outdoor Living Space Construction- includes 200-250 square feet of paver patio with a pergola and a fire feature.
- $65k- Average Outdoor Living Space Construction- Includes 250-350 square feet paver patio, pergola, fire feature, low voltage lighting, seat walls, space for a 6 seat dining area, and an area for lounging.
- $140k+- High-End Outdoor Living Space Construction- Includes a 400+ square foot paver patio, outdoor kitchen, fire feature, seat wall, low voltage lighting, pergola, pavilion, and an outdoor area for lawn games like mini-golf or bocce ball court.
There’s no way to tell you an exact number without looking at the site and what you are looking to do. The best place to start is by calling a landscape professional and scheduling a consultation. We at Peakview Outdoor Living ask you to include several pictures when you fill out the contact form and we can give you a ballpark figure when we have the initial consultation.
*Prices are averages and may change depending on the size of the outdoor living space project and your choice of materials, finishes, and features. You’ll receive an exact quote for your unique outdoor living space project after the in-house consultation.
THINKING OF CREATING AN OUTDOOR LIVING SPACE TO CONNECT WITH YOUR LOVED ONE?
HEAD OVER TO OUR CONTACT PAGE AND FILL OUT THE FORM AND SEND US SOME PICTURES.